Hello Fashionista’s. You can admit that you follow the latest fashion trends but can you say, in all honestly, that you are truly outfitted with the goods? There are ten specific things, for lack of a better word, that I deem necessities. We have all seen lists before that mention the “LBD”, Little Black Dress. That’s a given, isn’t it? I mean, really, who does not own one? Whether it is a freak ‘em dress or the dress you keep in rotation for attending funerals, we all have one. And what list doesn’t address well fitted under garments? Not mine.
What I want to do is make sure that when you take inventory of all the objects you have in your arsenal to assist in your beautifying process, you are covered. What are those items that you check off before feeling 100% self-assured? Are you convinced that you have everything considered necessary to detonate your confidence meter? If not, chew on my list of absolute must-haves.
Here it goes, in order of importance:
- B.F.F. – Every woman should have a bona-fide, die-hard best friend who is not afraid to hurt your feelings in the present, for the sake of sparing or protecting your heart from outside criticism in the future. Under no circumstances, except for not being asked her opinion, does she let you leave the house looking any other way but fabulous. She stops you at the doorway and tells you “Uh uh. No ma’am. Way too many prints girl!” Question. Where was Beyonce’s BFF on the day she dressed herself in all these prints and colors?
- Heirloom(s) – You know what they say, right? You can’t take it with you. The mother of one of my very good friends from college is no stranger to luxury designer labels. My friend was lucky enough to have some attractive heirlooms bestowed upon her early on in life. Not only was she the youngest of our bunch (17 year-old sophomore), but she was the only one in our assemblage to have a plentiful stock of diamonds, designer handbags and shoes. Naturally, she has exquisite taste and it is no wonder why she is a regular at New York sample sales.
Do you have a favorite fashionable relative? How do you plan on joining the ranks? Here’s how – take extra care of those high-end items you score on those occasional splurges. What a feeling to have lived a life of luxury and to be able to the spread the love.
- Rapports – You should cultivate a relationship with a sales associate in at least three of your favorite boutiques and/or stores. Don’t just think that celebs are the only ones to have personal shoppers. Take advantage of the gratis support. If you spend enough money somewhere, if you are friendly and receptive to suggestions from the hired speculative expert(s), he/she will gladly go above and beyond for you, each and every time. They realize that they abundantly benefit from making you a winner.
- Oil Absorbing Sheets – I swear by Clean & Clear Oil Absorbing Sheets. If you do not have oily skin, God bless you. But, if you happen to be as unfortunate as I am, you despise the letter T because your T-zone is continuously stealing your shine (no pun intended). Again, if your magnificent genes don’t bring about T-zone shine, good for you, but how about that girl friend you plan on meeting for cocktails later on who refuses to do something about how greasy she looks, until you point it out to her? A good friend would have these at her disposal.
- A Standing Pedicure Appointment – You can not claim to look good from head to toe without including your feet. Are they crusty? I hope not. Are they moisturized? Please say yes. Do you have polish on them? I sure hope so, unless you are allergic to nail polish, acetone and things of that nature. Do not think that because during the cold winter months your feet aren’t as exposed as they are during the hotter seasons that you can use that as an excuse for neglecting your mode of transportation. At a minimum, you should be soaking, scrubbing and polishing those little piggies every two weeks.
- Full Length Mirror – You played how the outfits looks in your head over and over again. You finally put all the pieces together and dressed yourself. But how do you really look? Not just your face. Not just up to your waist. You need to see the whole kit and caboodle before leaving the house. Ever get somewhere and see your full length reflection and realize it doesn’t look that great? Avoid that awkward moment. Invest in a full length mirror.
- T.R.B – It is vital that you own a T.R.B. (timeless romantic blouse) that can either be worn with a skirt, underneath a suit or accompanied by your favorite pair of jeans or shorts. Whether a button up or off the shoulder, this one article of clothing singlehandedly drives you to walk taller, coerces you to feel softer inside and awakens memories forcing you to keep your legs crossed. This blouse is what date night is all about.
- Maintained Eyebrows – I don’t care if you draw them in, tattoo them on, get them threaded, tweezed or waxed, just make sure you do it and do it as often as possible. Maintenance, maintenance, maintenance! Eyebrows define your face. Heck, they define your expressions. I will not dictate whether they should be thin or thick. I will, however, say that a relatively high arch or particularly long lengths do not conceivably look natural.
- Spa Day – At the end of the day, let’s face it. You are tired. The effects of the work week, house chores and that shocking trip to the gas station have you so disgusted and depressed. Walking into almost any spa will instantly calm you down. It could be the relaxing sounds that greet you and begin to take you away, down the waterfall. Maybe it is the eucalyptus fragrance that provides an invigorating aromatic experience. Perhaps it is the combination of both the sounds and scents. Doesn’t matter. Contact a fabulous spa today. Make an appointment for a massage and a facial. It’s where real women hang out.
- Catwalk Strut – Even if it is just for pretend. Come on. Admit it. When you look good, you want to strut your stuff. So do it. Do it well.
Have anything that you would like to add to the list?